As I have mentioned in a previous blog post, over the course of the next few weeks, I will be putting together a number of entries, a posteriori, about some of the major highlights from this year’s IBM Lotusphere 2009 event that took place in Orlando, FL, in January and which I think would be worth while covering, based on the various topics I get to discuss over here.
To that extent, just recently we, finally, had the opportunity to bump into one of the videos that surely left a mark in a bunch of us who attended Lotusphere’s Closing General Session for multiple various reasons. Both The Power of the Lotusphere Community as well as Ed Brill have already talked about it and thought I would share it over here as well, since it is a rather short one (Under 3 minutes), as I am preparing for the weekend:
Lotus Software – We Can Work Smarter, Together
Pretty powerful, eh? So, you may be wondering what I liked about it, right? Well, plenty of things, but here are a few in no specific order:
- Video done with real people, just like you and me, sharing their insights on the current challenges we are all facing in the business world. It was wonderful being able to recognise a few faces I knew from before or that I met at Lotusphere. Regular adverts don’t provide you that sense of belonging and closeness to the protagonists this video provides.
- Informal flavours pouring all over: If you watch it, you will know what I mean. The end is just priceless! Someone suggested that people were forced to learn the script, but after watching it, I think it is quite the opposite. Why? Body language 😉 (I tell you, the last few seconds are brilliant!)
- Work Life Balance: As important as ever (Into minute 2 of the video approx.), and rather achievable if you decide to expose yourself good enough to social software to get the job done.
- The music: I doubt it would have achieved the same effect with a different piece of music. That one, just spot on!
- Work smarter, not necessarily harder: And, finally, what has been my mantra from all along, ever since I started working in the area of Knowledge Management back in 2000, comes through throughout the video rather strong bringing on to me a lovely smile to remind me it is time to get started with the weekend!
Have a good one everyone!
Tags: Enterprise 2.0, Social Software, Social Networking, Social Computing, Social Media, Collaboration, Communities, Learning, Knowledge Sharing, KM, Knowledge Management, Remote Collaboration, Innovation, IBM, Networking, Social Networks, Social Networks, Networking, Conversations, Dialogue, Connections, Relationships, Productivity, Communication, Lotusphere, Lotusphere2009, LS09, Lotusphere 2009, Smarter, Lotusphere Blog, Ed Brill, Work Smarter, Lotus, People, Marketing, Work Life Balance