A few days ago Bill Ives was actually asking folks to chime into his weblog post on More Tagging Articles and share some additional articles or whatever resources that people may have found interesting and worth while mentioning around the world of tagging and, specially, enterprise tagging for an upcoming article on “enterprise social bookmarking or tagging behind the firewall” that he is currently working on at the moment. As you may have been able to see already there have been a few folks who have already provided their input and share some really interesting and thought provoking visions of what tagging is and how it would be able to help the KM world. Thus I just thought I would chime in and share those resources regarding tagging / folksonomy and social bookmarking that I have enjoyed reading / writing or going through in the last few weeks. Let’s see how far we can go:
- Social Tagging For The Enterprise by Patrick Cormier where he provides a good overview of what tagging is in the enterprise environment with some examples already available.
- Folksonomies: Tidying up Tags? by Marieke Guy and Emma Tomkin. A lengthy article indeed on tagging but worth while reading if you would be interested in getting to know why tagging is so successful.
- Different references I have been weblogging about in both of my Internet weblogs. By clicking on those URLs you will be taken to a number of weblog posts that I have been sharing while commenting on other articles that other folks may have been discussing around the world of tagging.
- Tagging Beyond Content: Applications and People, where I get to detail how tagging could be a powerful enabler as an expertise locator within the enterprise.
- And from a tools perspective here you have got a couple of references on the subject:
Dogear (the IBM internal Social Bookmarking offering which heavily relies on tags), Keotag (A tag based search engine along the lines of gada.be), my take on BlinkList and del.icio.us, perhaps two of the most popular Internet offerings for social bookmarking at the moment.
- Then other interesting resources to tap into for some further references would be the actual tags on social bookmarking or tagging in popular social bookmarking tools like BlinkList or del.icio.us.
I am sure there will be plenty of other resources out there around the world of social bookmarking and tagging for the enterprise and as I get exposed to them I will be adding them to the list (Perhaps even sharing some further comments on the subject) but for the time being those would keep you busy for a little while.
Now it is the time for me to get busy reading some of the great articles that other folks have shared in Bill’s weblog post and get to learn some more about this exciting and refreshing method for categorising things, and people, on the fly to then be able to find them at a later time which is what tagging is all about. Good stuff!
Technorati Tags: Tagging, Tag, Folksonomy, Knowledge Management, KM, Social Software, Social Networking, Enterprise Tagging, Social Bookmarking
One thought on “More Tagging Articles – Enterprise Tagging”