A couple of days ago, in another blog post, I mentioned how, just recently, I, finally, managed to get my hands on an iPad. This time around the 3G 64GB model, which I have been hunting down for a while now. Right from the moment I saw it, I knew that device would change completely the way I would interact not only with the Web and various social networking sites I use on a regular basis, but also with a good bunch of different applications. So, with that spirit, I thought, why not share those favourite applications across, as perhaps other folks may be able to benefit from them just as much as I am doing myself. After all, there are just so many out there that it wouldn’t hurt the odd recommendation, don’t you think? Well, this is the purpose of this blog post: i.e. to share those recommentations. My favourite #elsuapps!
Actually, this is not something new! Back when I first got my 3G iPhone I used to share across in Twitter, on a daily basis, my favourite iPhone app under #elsuapps! Now, since we all know how wonderful (NOT!!) the Twitter Search engine is, since you can no longer track those recommendations, I thought this time around I would do a bit more of curation on such job and keep track of things slightly better. So now, I am, indeed, still sharing the Daily #iPad App, but instead of relying on the Twitter search, I actually subscribe to its own feed and have got those suggestions available in my feed reader.
So I thought what a better way of sharing those recommended iPad apps than using my own blog over here to store them on a weekly basis and open up, from today, a weekly series of blog posts where I will be talking, very briefly, about those various applications I have been enjoying on my iPad for a while now. No, I am not going to share them all in one single post. What I will do from today onwards is every week create a blog entry where I will be sharing my Top 5 iPad Apps of the week, based on those recommendations I may have made during the course of the week with the Daily #iPad App. That way, if you miss them, you can still find them over here. For good. Not like Twitter would do though, where if you would want to come back in time, it would not allow you to.
Now, the plan is to make this series of blog posts really straightforward and to the point; with single one liners as to why I’d like to recommend each and everyone of those iPad apps. For the moment, I don’t plan to put together full reviews of those applications, since there are, probably, tons of them available out there already. This is just one way for me to share with you folks some quick pointers on applications I think you should have a look into, based on my own experience with them. And see how it goes from there…
Also, you would notice how from those Top 5 Apps of the Week that I will be sharing, 4 of them are regular apps that help me do a bunch of things and the last one is the one I usually share on Fridays, and, as you may be able to imagine, that app is going to be a game. Because if there is anything that the iPad is also really good at is to provide us with plenty of stunning gaming experiences altogether that would keep you entertained for hours and hours making those long queues for doing stuff almost non-existent. Thus it wouldn’t harm getting to know what interesting games there are out there!
Ok, that’s it, folks! Without much further ado, here you have got the first blog entry of the series of “My Top 5 iPad Apps of the Week“. Hope you enjoy them, just as much as I do! Let’s go! Let’s get started!
- Osfoora HD: Without any doubt, in my opinion, the best Twitter client for iPad by far available out there! I love it just as much as I do Nambu on the Mac or Twitter for iPhone. A must have!
- Reeder for iPad: If you are looking for an impressive RSS feed reader, fully packed with features and nicely integrated with Google Reader, this one is all your need! Another must have!
- Dropbox for iPad: If you are one of those folks who lives on the cloud with a huge need to move files around between computers and mobile devices
- iThoughts HD: For those folks who may be looking for a rather nice mindmap application for the iPad, you may be lucky! There are lots and lots of choices out there. iThoughts HD is one of my favourites and the one I use on a rather regular basis. There are a couple of others, but will be talking about them at a later time…
- Osmos: And, finally, the Game of the Week; in this case the one that surely has me hooked up to a unique experience of how involving a game can be from the very first moment that I bumped into it a few weeks back! Highly recommended! (If you would want to see what it is like, check out this YouTube video clip about it and you will see what I mean)
And, that’s it, folks! My Top 5 iPad Apps of the Week that I have grown to enjoy quite a bit over the course of time and that I couldn’t live without at the moment. Hopefully, some of them will tick with you as well … Now the great thing about putting these recommendations over here in this blog is that you also have a good opportunity to share back in the comments those iPad apps you feel would be worth while sharing across with us, so that eventually, before we all know it, we may end up with an essential index of must-have-iPad-apps we couldn’t live without.
So, what are your top 5 favourite apps of the week? Go ahead and share them across in the comments! And, of course, thanks for doing that!
Have a good one everyone!
Technorati Tags: Apple, Collaboration, Games, iPad, Mac, Mindmapping, Mindmaps, Productivity, Tools, #elsuapps, Recommendations, Osfoora HD, Reeder for iPad, Dropbox for iPad, iThoughts HD, Osmos, Productivity Tools, Nambu, Twitter for iPhone, iPad Apps